CPT is no longer able to maintain a full-time team with our Indigenous Peoples Solidarity (IPS) Program. However, CPT has made a commitment to continue our IPS work at a limited capacity, with the support of our Canada Coordinator and Reservists.
IPS is dedicated to building partnerships with Indigenous nations, communities and movements engaged in decolonization, seeking justice, and/or defending the land against corporate and government exploitation. CPT seeks to enlist faith groups, settlers, and other non-Indigenous groups in the work of Indigenous solidarity.
The work of IPS includes:
- Human rights monitoring and reporting
- Nonviolence training
- Relationship building
- Presence and accompaniment
- Court witnessing
- Education and advocacy through presentations to classrooms, churches, and other interested groups
- Articles and media releases
- Organizing fact-finding and learning delegations to areas of conflict or oppression
- Organizing, participating in, and/or offering logistical support for public solidarity actions and advocacy campaigns